• Drafting formation and governance documents
• Preparing equity or debt financings
• Executing founders’ agreements; stock option agreements
• Negotiating contracts, such as service agreements, non-compete and non-disclosure and independent contractor agreements
• Establishing company policies, insurance, and indemnification
• Completing transactions, such as merger, conversion, interest exchange, domestication, and division
• Closing asset purchase or stock purchase agreements
• Analyzing franchise agreements and disclosure documents for legal risk and advising on registration, disclosure, and relationship laws
• Establishing your business into a franchise; counseling on terminations, renewals, or transfers of franchises
A little bit about me
Andy Anderson serves businesses and individuals, working with them to form, operate and protect their business ventures. For the emerging company, he counsels on choice of entity and agreements between founders during crucial initial stages. Once the company is operational, he serves as outside general counsel, providing legal support for day-to-day operations. He performs all of these tasks according to high standards of excellence and diligent attention to detail.
Mr. Anderson received his Bachelor of Science, Finance, degree in 2006 from Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business, and his J.D. from University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law in 2009.
Mr. Anderson is a member of the State Bar of Arizona and the United States District Court, District of Arizona.
• Represented micro, small, and mid-sized companies in corporate matters, such as formation of business entities and negotiation of governing documents.
• Represented companies in commercial transactions, in industries such as technology, telecommunications, medicine, construction, and real estate, including the purchase of a 350-unit multi-family property in Arizona valued at $10M+, the restructuring of $1.7M in loans and related commercial real estate purchase of mixed-use property, the sale of residential assisted living home and business valued at over $1.5M, as well as drafting and negotiating LLC membership interest purchases, franchise agreements, service agreements, licensing agreements, and property management agreements and leases.
• Represented commercial clients in connection with intra-company disputes and litigation, including director, officer, and manager liability matters for breach of governing documents and fiduciary duties.
• Represented churches and non-profit organizations in connection with formation, corporate governance, applications for federal tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3), M&A, and strategic planning of mixed-use development projects.
• Represented owners and developers in real estate litigation concerning quiet title, easements, title insurance claims, nondisclosure, zoning compliance, and foreclosure and deficiency matters.
Christian Legal Society
Mr. Anderson serves on the Board of Directors of the Phoenix Chapter.
State Bar of Arizona: Business Law Section
Mr. Anderson participates in a subcommittee tasked with revising the Arizona Limited Liability Company Act and evaluating the Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act.
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, 2009
Bachelor of Science, Finance, summa cum laude
Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business, 2006
• State Bar of Arizona, 2009
• United States District Court, District of Arizona, 2009
“I love entrepreneurs – their guts, their grit. I formulate the optimum structure and language for their key agreements, providing a rock-solid foundation for all their hard work.”
– Andy G. Anderson
More About Andy
My family and I are Arizona natives, and I enjoy the hot summers and Phoenix Suns basketball. My ideal way to take a break is to explore trails and take in cool mountain air in Flagstaff. Kendrick Peak is a hidden gem. I am an avid reader, with a stack of books on my desk, including works by F.A. Hayek, Bill Hybels and Nassim Nicholas Taleb. My most treasured assets are lifelong friendships and grace.