State Bar of Arizona Certified Real Estate Specialist.
An experienced litigator with a focus on real estate and business law.
Member, American Bankruptcy Institute.
AV® Preeminent™ Rating by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review rating system, which connotes the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.
Specialties: Aggressively representing property owners, lenders, and businesses in litigation; landlord-tenant disputes; vacation rentals; breach of contract; collections; creditor’s rights; fraud; misrepresentation; commission disputes; foreclosures and trustee sales.
• BMO Harris Bank, N.A.
• Banco Popular North America
• U.S. Bank
• Lendmark Financial Services
• LA Development, Inc.
• RE/MAX Alliance Group
• RE/MAX Solutions
• The Agency, Luxury Real Estate Brokerage
• Book My Vacay – Vacation Rental Property Management
• Home Wise Realty Group
• Scottsdale Life Assisted Living
• HDB Properties, LLC
• Whole Truth Church of God in Christ
• Desert Streams Lutheran Church
Scottsdale Worship Center
Church for the Nations
Star Vale Mobile Home Park
• Christian Legal Society, National Board of Directors (2018 – Present)
• Christian Legal Society, Phoenix Chapter, President (2014-2017)
• Christian Legal Society, Phoenix Chapter, Past-President (2018 – Present)
• State Bar of Arizona’s Civil Jury Instructions Committee (2011-2016)
• Salvation Army, Phoenix Advisory Board Member (2006-2011)
• Scottsdale Bible Church, Marriage Ministry volunteer
• Instructor for the Arizona School of Real Estate and Business
• State Bar of Arizona College of Trial Advocacy (2005)University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, CA
• Associate Editor, University of San Diego International Law Journal
• College of Law of England and Wales, London, England
• Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business, Tempe, AZ (B.S., Finance)
• University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctor
• Making Money From Real Estate
• Credit Restoration Seminar Series
• NATC Seminars
• Eviction Actions Manual
• The Return of Specific Performance
• Evictions Manual
• Making Money Off of Real Estate
• “Congress Enacts Unprecedented Tenant Protections,” March 2010
• “Foundations of Foreclosure/Short Sales,” presenter, State Bar of Arizona, March 2011
• “Eviction Actions,” presenter, Arizona Association of REALTORS®, November 2010
• “Contracts,” presenter, Combs School of Real Estate, Continuing Education for licensed real estate brokers and salespeople, February 2010
• Short Sales and Foreclosures, presenter, Combs School of Real Estate, Continuing
• Education for licensed real estate brokers and salespeople, May 2010
• “Hot Legal Topics,” presenter, Chandler, Arizona, March 2010
• “Hot Legal Topics,” presenter, Re/Max Alliance Group, April 2009
• State Bar of Arizona Certified Real Estate Expert
• AV® Preeminent Rating by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings system which connotes the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.
• Rated Top Real Estate Lawyer by the AZ Business Magazine
• Awarded Top Ten Civil Verdict for 2017
A little bit about me
The common thread that connects every Fortune 500 CEO is a shared passion for what they do. While in business school at ASU, Mr. Charles asked himself, “What am I passionate about? … Problem solving!” He then recognized that he generally enjoys helping others. Putting these two together, the law was a natural fit.
Surrounded by REALTORS® for most of his life, a law practice focused on real estate was inevitable. Christopher has developed a niche practice helping property owners resolve real estate related disputes. Anywhere from breach of contract, deficiency judgments, evictions, easement disputes, to fraud, Chris has the experience and expertise to get clients results.
Prior to opening Provident Law, PLLC, Christopher represented the Arizona Association of REALTORS® (AAR) as a “Hotline Attorney” where he advised Arizona’s brokers on real estate legal “emergencies.” As a Hotline Attorney, he helped resolve hundreds of real estate disputes.
Real estate is anything but boring. Rarely do real estate cases go to trial, but when they do, Christopher is ready. He has tried more than a dozen trials; recently he fought valiantly for his clients’ property rights in a five-day jury trial – following an appeal and a four-year battle in the Superior Court. Simply put, he never gives up.
Christopher serves as an Arbitrator and Mediator for AAR. Problem solving doesn’t always mean costly and protracted litigation. That is why he is a big proponent of alternative dispute resolution. Mediation and arbitration are often far more efficient and cost-effective means for resolving property disputes than litigation.
Chris loves sharing his passion for the law with others. He is a licensed real estate instructor and teaches continuing education classes to attorneys and REALTORS® with the State Bar of Arizona and at the Arizona School of Real Estate and Business.
He also loves to write: he is a published author and contributes a monthly column to the Arizona Real Estate Journal and The Record Reporter.
“I love serving clients by finding solutions to their legal problems. My goal is to seek justice and bring peace to my clients through excellent legal representation.”
– Christopher J. Charles
More About Chris
Christopher loves taking advantage of the Valley’s scenic hiking trails. His favorite hiking spots include Gateway Pass, Camelback Mountain, and Piestewa Peak. He is also an avid skier and snowboarder; he looks forward to teaching his children how to ski and snowboard.
Christopher and his family are passionate about community service and volunteering. In 2014, Mr. Charles served on a mission trip to Santiago, Spain with his church. He also served on the Salvation Army Advisory Board for four years before opening Provident Law.