The 6 Professionals You Need On Your Real Estate Team

By March 9, 2021 Real Estate
The 6 Professionals You Need On Your Real Estate Team

The process of buying and selling real estate in Arizona can be complicated, and it helps to have a dedicated team of professionals working with you to ensure your real estate transaction is a smooth one.

Before you begin, assemble a team consisting of:

A licensed real estate agent. While some people feel comfortable buying or selling without an agent, those people are likely real estate investors who do this every day. If that’s not you, then find a licensed real estate agent. They know how to guide you through every step of the buying and selling process and can be an invaluable asset when it comes to making a deal happen.

A lender. Finding a lender ahead of time – a bank, savings and loan, credit union, mortgage company, or government agency – and getting pre-approved for a mortgage loan will make the buying process go much smoother and more quickly.

A real estate attorney. The buying and selling of real estate involves a number of legal documents, which real estate agents, title companies, and others are not fully equipped to handle. A real estate attorney will serve as your advocate in the process, protecting your best interests and helping you avoid costly litigation. Further, a real estate attorney will research the title and identify any potential problems that need to be resolved prior to closing.

An inspector. In Arizona, buyers are typically responsible for getting an inspection completed on a property before they purchase. A competent inspector can help find any potential problems that the owner may not even be aware of (and thus has not disclosed), saving you time and money.

A title officer. A title officer will research the history of a property to ensure that it is free of any potential problems or claims that could jeopardize the sale or adversely affect a buyer’s ownership rights.

An insurance agent. Insurance companies routinely offer discounts for safety and security features in a home or commercial building, and there are certain properties that may need hazard insurance as well. Your insurance agent can provide you with recommendations on the type of insurance you need to protect your investment.

Our real estate attorneys represent parties on either side of real estate and financing transactions, including buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, lenders, borrowers, trustees, guarantors, shareholders, partners, and others. We advise, structure, negotiate, and document a variety of real estate and financing transactions, including leases, purchase and sale agreements, financing agreements, and development agreements for a variety of commercial and residential projects. Contact us today and learn how we can help.