G uardianships and Conservatorships are proceedings designed to protect those persons – whether a minor or an adult – who cannot protect themselves. Guardianship proceedings protect individuals who cannot make or communicate reasonable decisions about their health and well-being due to physical illness, mental disorder, mental illness, disability, chronic alcoholism or chemical dependency. Typically, Guardianships will oversee or make decisions about the protected person’s medical needs and decide where the protected person will reside. Conservatorships protect and manage a protected persons income and assets.
GUARDIANSHIP | CONSERVATOR MATTERS
PROVIDENT LAW HANDLES SUCH MATTERS AS:
- Contested and uncontested guardianship and conservatorship proceedings
- Administration of guardianship and conservatorship proceedings
- Representation of Private Fiduciaries acting as a guardian and/or conservator for a protected person.
- Representation of interested parties
- Single transaction conservatorships
- Limited guardianships