Resolving commercial litigation disputes, including real estate (e.g., title insurance and commission disputes)
INSURANCE COVERAGE AND BAD FAITH
TRADEMARKS AND TRADE SECRETS
A little bit about me
Philip is a seasoned litigator with over 17 years of complex commercial and real estate litigation experience. He has successfully represented numerous international, national and Arizona-based corporations and individuals, government entities and insurance companies in a wide array of legal disputes involving real estate, contracts, construction defects, insurance coverage and bad faith, employment law, trademark and trade secrets, and appeals.
Philip employs a creative and pragmatic approach to litigation strategy, from discovery through trial and appeal, and thrives in the energy of depositions and the courtroom. He also understands that not every case requires aggressive, costly and extended litigation, and routinely counsels clients on the most amicable and cost-effective paths to resolution of legal disputes.
Philip received his law degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law in Chapel Hill and graduated from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and a concentration in Business.
While in law school, he was honored to serve as an intern at the White House and in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Prior to joining Provident Law®, Philip was a litigation Partner at a large national law firm.
Philip is licensed to practice in the State and Federal courts of Arizona and Oregon and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
• Member, Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix (2014-present)
• President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Member, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix MetrOrg (now Connect) fundraising board (2007-2014)
• The University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2000
• The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina (B.A., Political Science with Concentration in Business, 1997
• Served as an intern at the White House and the U.S. House of Representatives
• United States District Court, Districts of Arizona and Oregon
• Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Contributor, American Bar Association Annual Review of Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation (Employment Law)
Super Lawyers® Southwest Rising Star, 2012, 2013 and 2014
“I truly enjoy working for and serving the people I work with, and teaming up with them to find creative solutions to their legal needs.”
– Philip A. Overcash
More About Philip
When Philip is out of the office, he enjoys spending time with his family, including his three young sons. He is an avid fan of golf and college basketball (go Tar Heels!). He also enjoys travel back “home” to North Carolina to visit his extended family and friends there.